Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nursery Makeover Pt. 1

With our little man's arrival just over three months away, we've been working hard changing the guest room to a nursery. It's been a process, and although we've still got a ways to go, I think we've made some  pretty good headway.

Below was our pretty green guest room...



Here's some picture of our little man's room in progress...



We installed a sea-worthy ceiling fan, painted the walls a pale grey (Bay Waves by Valspar) and painted stripes on the wall that his crib will go against (Deep Sea Diving by Valspar).

We also freshened up the trim and painted the furniture that was in the previous guest room a medium shade of grey (Stone Mason Grey by Valspar). Fun fact, the furniture was my sister's when she was a baby... she's 16 now. I'm so glad we can give it another life!

We've obviously still got to add in furniture, window treatments and an abundance of accessories, but at the least the foundation is laid. We should be getting our glider from Pottery Barn this week... so excited! Here's a sneak preview...


I'll be sure to update with our progress over the next few months! 

And if I ever beat the pregnancy fatigue, I'll get more recipes up for your culinary enjoyment... I'll try, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!