Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Ugly Truth

I always imagined that I'd take to motherhood with the plastic poise and grace of a stepford wife... impeccably dressed, perfectly manicured fingers and toes, a spotless house and a beautiful happy baby in tow.  I am pleased to say that I indeed have a beautifully happy baby (most of the time), but everything else could use a healthy dose of improvement.

Perhaps a visual aid might help.

The plan...


Reality...


While it's not this bad every day, this happens to be the exact look I'm modeling at the moment. Judge me if you will, but I couldn't be happier.

With the arrival of my Little Man, life took a sharp ninety degree turn. Gone is the world I had known all my life - the one that revolved around me. But I've been presented with a new adventure and I plan on embarking on my journey with fervor, frugality and a well-stocked diaper bag.

So things are a changin' for the Artful Wife. Being a work-at-home-wannabe-stepford-wife-mother-extraordinaire in not for the faint of heart, but I'm in it to win it ladies and gentlemen! (And it ain't always gonna be pretty... today's attire, case in point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!