Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wrap It Up

With Christmas only a few days away, I've finally decided to stop procrastinating and wrap gifts. I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with Christmas wrapping paper. I love so many of the great prints available nowadays, especially all the fantastic styles you can get at Paper Source, but I am not a fan of storing various rolls of wrapping paper for all types of events. Namely because I have a tendency to purge, and anything not incredibly useful usually does not make the cut. 

So, what's an anti-horder to do? Buy one large roll of craft paper and use it for EVERYTHING! I personally love a simple brown paper package (perhaps tied up in strings?), but for a little extra holiday pizzazz, a few simple items do the trick.



I tapped into my rubbermaids of crafty goodness and pulled out some ribbon, yarn, twine, and a leftover wooden ornament from last year (25 cents at Michael's after last Christmas!) 

You could also use springs of evergreen for a simple, natural approach.

What I love most is that, with the exception of the holiday ornament, this wrapping could be used for a birthday, shower, wedding, bar mitzvah, house warming... you get the picture. One of my all time favorite accoutrements is sprigs of thyme or rosemary - looks so Pottery Barn-esque and smells delicious.

A little yarn is oh, so pretty

Easy to do, difficult to open... especially for my sister

A simple white bow - classic


Some twine, a wood ornament and a little Sharpie love

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!