Thursday, January 24, 2013

Banana Oat Muffins

My wonderful neighbor has been under the weather, and with the frigid temps that we've been experiencing, recovery is likely uninspired. I feel relatively healthy and sprite and even I have been using the excuse, "It's just too cold" for everything. Little man and I have been huddled around the space heater dreaming of warmer days.

So, in an act of neighborly goodness and in an effort to further warm the house, I cranked the oven to 400º and got baking. I would have been content to whip up confections all day, but my little guy is only content for about 12 minute clips, so I chose Banana Oat Muffins for their healthy deliciousness.

Note: I also made a batch for myself. I am not longer eating Paleo since it was not agreeing with me. But I am still off processed foods and have a very limited amount of dairy and gluten in my diet. I will make a gluten exception for homemade muffins.


Banana Oat Muffins
Makes about 12 smaller sized muffins/8 large muffins

3/4 c. wheat flour
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
3/4 c. milk (i used unsweetened almond milk)
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)

1. Preheat over to 400º. Combine eggs and sugar. Add milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Stir to combine. Add mashed bananas.

2. Combine dry ingredients. Add dry to wet mixture. Stir until just combined.

3. Divide equally among paper-lined muffin tins.

4. Bake at 400º for 16 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!