Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer in a Bowl.

Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa

I love tuna! This is a super fast recipe that's great for lunch with the girls (if they're into gills) or a quick after-work dinner accompanied by a tall glass of iced tea, spiked. 

Either way, this meal stands up for summer.

Because I always want more the next day, this recipe makes a healthy amount of salsa. Its an easy recipe to eyeball to make more or less. 

Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
Serves: 2-3

2 fresh tuna steaks
3 cups pineapple, small dice
1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro 
Salt & pepper
Arugula
1 tomato, optional

1. Liberally season the tuna steak with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side. This will pretty much cook it through with a little pink in the middle. I like my tuna very rare, so I cook on very high heat for about 2 minutes per side. 

2. For the salsa, combine pineapple, jalepeno, cilantro and a good healthy pinch of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes and taste again to see if you need more salt.

3. Serve tuna over a bed of arugula, topped with salsa. I happen to love tomatoes in the summer, so I served mine with sliced grilled tomato. 

Ahhh, Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters... Hop up on your soapbox and give it to me straight!